OBJECTIVE AND DESCRIPTION
Bachelor of Commerce (B.com) is a full time undergraduate program that focuses on commerce, economics, business law, accounting, taxation, and finance etc., that help them to equip them with skills for careers in banking, accounting, insurance, and finance after they graduate from MUIT.
The program has been revised as FYUP (Four Year Under-graduate Program) as per NEP 2020 and being launched from 2023-24 academic session. Basically it is 4 year (eight semesters) UG program with a degree awarded as Bachelors of Commerce (Honours with Research) and offers multi-entry and exit options.
- The program is designed to enhance the employability skills in the field of Taxation, Account, Auditing and Economics practices.
- Value-added courses will help students to hone their analytical and problem-solving skills, that can be applied in real world settings.
- The program stands out from the rest due to its innovative teaching pedagogy that emphasizes experiential and application-based learning with the help of case studies, presentations, group discussions, and management activities along with guest lectures on the latest national and international issues, industrial visits, workshops etc.
- The program also includes internship as an essential requirement for the completion of the course. The students are encouraged to take up projects that meet the industry requirements and are of societal benefits.
- The program includes research component so that they are equipped with research basics and skills and applied knowledge for taking up advanced studies and related career aspects.
PROGRAMME DELIVERABLE: B.Com / B.Com (Hons)
PROGRAMME DURATION : 3 years (6 semesters) / 4 years (8 semesters)
Eligibility Criteria : 10+2 (any stream) with 35% marks for Gen/ OBC/ PH/ EWS and 33% for SC/ ST
*As per Four Year Undergraduate Programme and NEP 2020 framework. It is also based upon the evaluation scheme by MUIT
- Account Executive
- Financial Analyst
- Tax Consultant
- Accounts Manager
- Finance Manager
- Financial Analyst