Dr. Gaurav Shukla
MAHARISHI SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
Name: Dr. Gaurav Shukla
Subject of Expertise: Remote Sensing, GIS
Qualifications: M. Tech., Ph. D. (Geomatics)
Experience: 3.5 Years
Research Interest: Remote Sensing Application, GIS, SAR Analysis and Applications, Machine Learning Approaches
Publications: Research Papers: Journals (8), Conference Proceedings (2)
Book Chapter (1)
- Guest Editor for a Special Issue (Research Topic: “Advances in Remote Sensing and GIS Applied to Earth Observation and Environmental Monitoring”) in the journal “Frontiers in Remote Sensing” (2022)
- Nodal Coordinator Virtual Lab at Institute in Collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India (2022)
Other Achievements and Awards:
- Expert Lecture in TEQIP Workshop “Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in Civil Engineering” organized by NIT Jalandhar (2021)
- Nominated by DST to be a part of Indian Delegation to participate in the 3rd BRICS Young Scientist forum from 24 to 29 June 2018 at Durban, South Africa.
- DST-SERB 2016 Travel Award to attend 35th IGC, 2016 at Cape town, South Africa.
- Shukla, Gaurav; Garg, R. D.; Srivastava, H. S. and Garg, P. K. “Random Forests Applied as a Soil Predictive Model across an Aridic to Ustic area of Indian States.” Paper presented in 35th International Geological Congress, Cape Town, South Africa, August 27-September 5, 2016. Available in archive of American Geoscience Institute. (http://www.americangeosciences.org/igc/15831)
- IAG (International Association of Geodesy) 2015 Travel Award to attend GNSS+R 2015 conference at Potsdam, Germany
- Shukla, Gaurav., and Garg, P. K., 2015.”Assessment of Geophysical Parameters through GNSS Reflectometry and Future Prospects in INDIA with IRNSS.” Paper presented in8th workshop on GNSS Reflectometry (GNSS+R 2015), Potsdam, Germany, May 11-13,2015.
- IIT Roorkee Alumni Association Travel Grant to partially support to attend International Conference 2015
- Secured an All India Rank of 306 (Percentile 94.60) in the GATE 2008 for admission to the M.Tech. Programme in Indian Institute of Technologies & other Institutions in India.
- Secured an All India Rank of 517 (Percentile 88.28) in the JEST 2008.
- Secured 2nd position in the M. Tech. programme in India School of Mines, Dhanbad.
- Qualified ISM-JRF-2012, Conducted by Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
- Rashtriya Pratibha Khoj Pariksha Scholarship for four years (from class 9-12).