As we know pharmaceutics, known as an interdisciplinary branch among the life sciences and chemical sciences. It correlates the human biology to drug action. Pharmaceutics play a role like a mediator between the chemical (drug) and human cell physiology.
- It is well known that any manufacturing of pharmaceutical products comes under the ownership of pharmaceutics.
- All types of formulation like tablet, capsule, emulsions etc. these types of formulation are made possible only because of pharmaceutics.
- Do you think it is easy to make a formulation either it may be a tablet or emulsion? NO there is a lot of work, a lot of research, a lot of time, a lot of money, a lot of accuracy, and a lot of practice.
Parts of pharmaceutics-
Mainly three broad categories are which can be explain most of the importance of pharmaceutics-
- Physical pharmacy
- Biopharmaceutics & pharmacokinetics
- Industrial pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical technology
Importance of this subject-
It is not to say that, is pharmaceutics important? Manufacturing of various dosage form is possible only due to pharmaceutics. Pharmaceutics tell how to make a tablet, a perfect tablet.
Selection of drug>selection of route of administration>optimization of drug dose>optimization of dosage form>selection of process of formulation>formulate a drug.
Vast Career opportunities in this subject are-
- As a production trainee, assistant & manager
- Quality control officio
- Regulatory body officio
- Formulation & development trainee,assistant & manager
- Social, industrial and government pharmacist.