Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) Dated: 15th June, 2022
Lucknow Metro Rail strengthens the transport Infrastructure of Lucknow city. The Govt. of Utter Pradesh implemented the Lucknow Metro Rail Project, a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), and Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) was incorporated on 25th Nov, 2013 under the Companies Act, 1956.
The Project is being implemented on 50:50 model (DMRC Model) with equity sharing by GoI and GoUP. Total completion cost of the project 6880 Cr. Presently; LMRC network is fully functional between Munshipulia to CCS Airport and an extension has been proposed from Vasant Kunj to Charbagh junction point. LMRC serves a transport facility for around 10,000 people per day.
To explore the potential of Academia-Industry mutually beneficial relationship including live projects, onsite training of students etc., Maharishi School of Engineering & Technology organized an industrial visit for Electrical & Computer Science students on 15 June, 2022. Total 35 (maximum number allowed by LMRC) students participated and explored the technology involved in the next-generation rapid transportation system. Students were able to witness some of the salient features of Lucknow Metro as:
- Eco-friendly design of Rolling Stock (Metro Station) which reduces fuel consumption and pollution.
- Commuter-friendly stations with lifts, escalators and automatic fare collection machines (AFC).
- Trains have design speed of 90 kmph & Schedule speed of 32 to 35 km per hour with dwell time/stoppage of 30 seconds per station.
- Train cars for LMRC are energy efficient, reliable and provide better comfort to passengers in terms of riding quality, lower noise level and being environment friendly.
- Body shells of cars made of stainless steel are lightweight.
- All systems are monitored & selectively controlled by a microprocessor-based Train Control & Management System.
LMRC Technical Team members, Mr. Gulab Chandra (SCTO) & Mr. Akhatib Alam (Engineer) briefed and demonstrated the following technology sections to students:
- Signaling and Control System
- Rail Tracking System
- Environmental Control System
- Automatic Ticket Collecting System
- Chiller Unit
Faculty Coordinators: Mr. Shivendra Pathak, Mr. Girija Shankar Sahoo, Mr. Vijay Rawat