The Pharmacy program’s purpose is to provide professionals with the necessary skills, knowledge, and abilities to work in the pharmaceutical industry and to deliver appropriate drug services to patients. The idea of the curriculum is to teach the capacity to create and assess various dosage forms, as well as regulatory and ethical guidelines for pharmaceutical manufacturing processes. The B Pharm academic curriculum covers basic principles and developments in pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacology, pharmacognosy, and phytomedicines, as well as scientific research updates.
The Department of Pharmacy was formed in 2019 and has been approved by the Pharmacy Council of India in New Delhi. The university has also got recognition by the government of U.P . With highly skilled, experienced, and research-oriented professors, the Department has been a forerunner in the field of pharmacy education. It also awakens students’ inherent strengths and potentials, preparing highly qualified pharmacists who can serve in the pharmacy profession both nationally and internationally in the future.
The department has presented more than 20 research papers in national and international scientific platforms in the last three years, and has published more than 50 research papers.
Maharishi School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Maharishi School of Pharmaceutical Sciences launched the Maharishi School of Pharmaceutical Sciences in 2019 to set a standard in pharmaceutical education. Professional teaching strategies seek to give students a sound foundation and generate pharmacy personnel who can apply their knowledge to improve community health and the healthcare industry. We feel that striking a balance between academic and practical exposure is critical in providing a professional touch to education. It is the degree of exposure to various industrial operations, as well as the exposure to varied industrial activities, that matters in this period of competitiveness.
At Maharishi University of Information Technology, the Maharishi School of Pharmaceutical Sciences has a well-equipped infrastructure with smart classrooms and well-equipped laboratories with modern technology essential for Pharmacy procedures, with easy access for students. We also have herbal gardens, which are rich in medicinally active compounds.
“Pharmacy is not only a profession but also a passion to save the hundreds of lives in the world”
Pharmacy is a unique career that combines skill in drug manufacture, patient care, and ensuring safe and effective pharmaceutical use for better health and well-being.The Maharishi School of Pharmaceutical Sciences features a fantastic laboratory setting that allows students to gain hands-on experience while learning about the theoretical components of pharmaceutical sciences.
The emphasis is always on skill development and instilling a research culture in order to answer emerging difficulties and pave the road for a successful future career. Advanced instruments and well-trained personnel promote learning by doing in state-of-the-art Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Biotechnology, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Human Anatomy & Physiology, and other laboratories.
Lab-Department of Pharmacy-
Pharmacy is a unique career that combines skill in drug manufacture, patient care, and ensuring safe and effective pharmaceutical use for better health and well-being.
- Pharmaceutics laboratories
- Pharmacology laboratories
- Biotechnology laboratories
- Analytical laboratories for pharmaceuticals
- Medicinal Chemistry labs
- Sophisticated AC Instrumentation Room
- Medicinal garden
- Machine room
There are three pharmaceutics labs in the department, including an AC instrumentation lab and a machine room.
The laboratories have updated machinery for example multi- station Franz diffusion cell assembly , 12 station Tablet compression machine etc.. The goal of these labs is to give aspiring pharmacists hands-on experience in Physical Pharmaceutics, Manufacturing Operations, Pre-formulation Screening Tests, Designing, Evaluation, and Pharmacokinetic Study of solid, liquid, and semisolid dosage forms, as well as Novel Drug Delivery Systems for ocular, nasal, transungual, transmucosal, translabial, transnabhi, soft palatal drug delivery systems, etc.
Autoclaves, BOD Incubators, Microtome Blades, and Laminar Air Flow, among other things, are available at the Pharmacognosy and Biotechnology Labs. The primary goal of these labs is to give undergraduates and research students hands-on experience with techniques such as tissue culture, sterilisation, antibiotic test, microbial screening, microbial sensitivity, and microbial resistance.
The department has two Pharmacology Labs containing pharmacological screening tools such as the Rotarod, Pole Climbing Apparatus, Electro-convulsiometer, Eddy’s Hot Plate, Acto-photometer, Spirometer, and Analgesiometer, as well as software for simulating pharmacological trials. 3D models and charts, the human skeleton, histopathology slides, and multimedia devices aid in the study of anatomy and physiology.
The Department maintains a freshly established Herbal Garden with many species of medicinal plants to keep up with the changing times in the field of medicinal plants. The students have hands-on experience identifying medicinal plants and herbs, as well as cultivating and collecting them.
MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY LABS
The laboratory is very well furnished with high advances instrument that shows medicinal properties of compounds using machineries such as HPLC (Agilent), UV Spectrophotometer 1800 (Shimadzu) etc.
Students will learn how to analyse organic and inorganic compounds according to pharmacopoeial standards, as well as gain practical experience synthesising Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and other pharmaceutical ingredients.
“To become a worldwide known teaching and research organisation in the field of pharmaceutical sciences, producing quality individuals who will contribute to society’s well-being and the expansion of the pharmaceutical industry.”
- To generate high-quality professionals with high-quality education and technical training who are attentive to the profession’s, society’s, industry’s, and country’s ever-changing needs.
- To build a collaborative environment through encouraging innovation, research, and entrepreneurship in order to meet difficulties.
- To instil in our pupils strong morals, professional, and ethical principles, changing them into excellent service providers.
- To foster a culture of continuous learning and higher education in order to satisfy professional, economic, and social norms.
Program Educational Objectives :
Technical Expertise: Graduates will grow into academically sound professionals with scientific and technical expertise to carry out a variety of tasks in the pharmacy industry.
Graduates will seek to enhance their knowledge in order to maintain professional competence and will pursue higher education and professional training opportunities. They must always be willing to learn about and accept new technology and problems.
Graduates will be able to successfully communicate and operate as part of a team in their specific organization, as well as take on duties and lead as needed.
Graduates would be able to master professional ethics and assimilate value systems that are necessary for society’s growth and well-being. They will maintain high standards of excellence, quality, and authenticity in their endeavors.
Maharishi School of Pharmaceutical Sciences (Program Outcomes)
- Pharmacy Knowledge: Possess knowledge and comprehension of the core and basic knowledge associated with the profession of pharmacy, including biomedical sciences; pharmaceutical sciences; behavioral, social, and administrative pharmacy sciences; and manufacturing practices.
- Planning Abilities: Demonstrate effective planning abilities including time management, resource management, delegation skills and organizational skills. Develop and implement plans and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis: Utilize the principles of scientific enquiry, thinking analytically, clearly and critically, while solving problems and making decisions during daily practice. Find, analyze, evaluate and apply information systematically and shall make defensible decisions.
- Modern tool usage: Learn, select, and apply appropriate methods and procedures, resources, and modern pharmacy-related computing tools with an understanding of the limitations.
- Leadership skills: Understand and consider the human reaction to change, motivation issues, leadership and team building when planning changes required for fulfillment of practice, professional and societal responsibilities. Assume participatory roles as responsible citizens or leadership roles when appropriate to facilitate improvement in health and well- being.
- Professional Identity: Understand, analyze and communicate the value of their professional roles in society (e.g. health care professionals, promoters of health, educators, managers, employers, employees).
- Pharmaceutical Ethics: Honour personal values and apply ethical principles in professional and social contexts. Demonstrate behavior that recognizes cultural and personal variability in values, communication and lifestyles. Use ethical frameworks; apply ethical principles while making decisions and take responsibility for the outcomes associated with the decisions.
- Communication: Communicate effectively with the pharmacy community and with society, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports, make effective presentations and documentation, and give and receive clear instructions.
- The Pharmacist and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety and legal issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional pharmacy practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional pharmacy solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change. Self- assess and use feedback effectively from others to identify learning needs and to satisfy these needs on an ongoing basis.
Approvals And Affiliations
In Our University, Presently it has one of the best and top ranked Pharmacy Programmes B. Pharm, and D. Pharm courses as well in the area of Lucknow. The Pharmaceutical Industry is the backbone of health care in India. Now-a-days or in the past also youngsters are searching for a career in Pharmaceutical Industry and ever changing fields of medicine formulations. Maharishi School of Pharmaceutical Sciences is very devoted to this Course.
Approved by PCI (Pharmacy Council of India)
Approved by Govt.of Uttar Pradesh
- Pharm. – 60 seats
- Pharm. – 100 seats
MUIT has MoU with Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam University (Formerly, U.P. Technical University) CSAR, Lucknow. It’s Vice Chancellor & Registrar being Prof. (Dr.) Bhanu Pratap Singh & Prof. (Dr.) Akhand Pratap Singh respectively.
Author: Shibu Das