OBJECTIVE AND DESCRIPTION
The Department of Applied Sciences offers 2 year (four semester) post-graduate program- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in various disciplines such as Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biotechnology. The student may choose any of these based on the eligibility criteria of the University. This program endeavors to provide knowledge over and above the concept and basic knowledge of the selected subject.
- The program has been revised as per NEP 2020.
- The program includes experiential learning through innovative pedagogy including guest lectures, industrial/ field visits and research based dissertation/ internship which attempts to widen and deepen the thinking ability of the student so that he is able to apply the knowledge for societal problems and contribute to the development of the society.
- It tries to prepare the students to successfully compete for employment in academia or need based industry.
Programme Duration : 2 year (4 semesters)
Program Deliverable: M. Sc.
Eligibility Criteria : B. Sc. (relevant subject) with min 45% marks for General/OBC/PH/EWS and 40% for SC/ST
- Sc. (IT/CS): Graduate(except Fine Art) with Mathematics or Computer Science/IT with min 45% marks for General/OBC/PH/EWS and 40% for SC/ST
The Science graduates are presented with wide range of career opportunities in both government and private sectors including entrepreneurship opportunities. Some of the job roles are as follows:
- Editor/Reviewer of Scientific Journals and Books
- Forensic scientists
- Soil analyst
- Patent Officer